- This event has passed.
Creating Commons Festival 2017!
September 16 @ 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm
PARTICIPATE THIS YEAR!
2 Ways to help us put this FREE Event on!
1) Please fill out our CCF 2017 Participate FORM
2) DONATE, Click on the Gold Donate button located on the middle of the page and please include a note in paypal: “CCF2017
Dear Ally, Neighbor, Partner, and Collaborator:
The time to organize for our street festival is upon us and we’d love your participation with it’s creation along with several other community organizations and neighbors to celebrate the re-imagination of the public commons!
This street festival features: Educational skillshares, swaps, placemaking projects, garden installations, family friendly activities, reskilling workshops, local merchants, live art & music, community organizations, bicycle culture, and an emphasis on our new Justice Zone, an ever evolving collaboration with local leaders on trainings, resources, with a special care on the retention of long-term residents here in Oakland.
The CCF takes place at the confluence of Northwest Oakland, Berkeley and Emeryville, in our neighborhood village of OakLeyVille. Creating Commons Festival is inspired by City Repair’s Village Building Convergence, Sunday Streets, Oakland’s Art Murmur and the mini-Maker Faires.
This year we’re excited to add more collaborators: Grid Alternatives, OCO-LOC, Bay Bucks, DeeSpot, St. Columba, and others. Continued participation from: Rock the Bike, Soul Graffiti, Planting Justice, The Butterfly Movement, NorCal Resilience Network, East Bay Permaculture Guild, and Permaculture Action Network.
YOUR PARTICIPATION IS VITAL
Please read through the list of activities below and consider getting involved in any part of it!! We have a form for you to check off areas of interest below that.
ZONES & AREAS of Activities
• PROJECTS, neighborhood garden installs, permaculture blitz, bike racks, others
• SKILL SHARES, 30 min – 1 hour sessions (sustainability, urban ag, homesteading, resiliency, etc)
• FAMILY FRIENDLY ZONE, Games, art making, placemaking, youth talent, more
• INTERACTIVE, neighborhood mapping, fix-it clinics, musical jam, art in the streets, parklet making
• HEALING TENT, Practitioners, massage, accupuncture, accupressure, other modalities
• SACRED SPACE, Restorative justice circle and other sacred sharing modalities
• JUSTICE ZONE, Trainings / resources to economic, racial, immigration, environmental, social justices…
• CEREMONY, Blessing and Share your “Piece on Peace”*
• COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS
• COMMUNITY POTLUCK
• SWAPS: Clothing, Seeds, Plant starts
SHARE YOUR “PIECE ON PEACE”
This is the HEART of this community gathering — Voices heard on a subject that speaks to many.
Our street mural (64th and Marshall Street) named: “Declaring Peace Through All Our Relations” has inspired our yearly Community Circle where we ask faith holders, neighbors, poets, friends and allies, in advance, to express this theme of PEACE through any artful, thoughtful and creative means like: poetry, song, prayer, chant or even a dance, wiggle, prance or glide. If you wish to participate, please check off the box on the CCF 2017 Participate FORM.
INTERSECTION MURAL PROJECT
At the intersection of 64th and Marshall Streets in the Golden Gate District we painted a mural in 2015. This was the first sanctioned street mural in all of the Bay Area! Read this Street Mural Narrative for more information.
PARTICIPATE THIS YEAR!
Even if you have communicated with one of us, it’s still very useful to capture it in one document. Please fill out our CCF 2017 Participate FORM link below:
We look forward to hearing from you!